20121121

a thanksgiving holiday

The One With Chandler in a Box


For those of you who are American, and/or celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Be it that you celebrate with your friends, family or however you do celebrate, I hope you all have a wonderful day! I hope your family dysfunction is kept to a minimum [how we all wish this!], that you watch the parade and feel like a kid again, that your food is just as delicious as every year, and any traditions you have keep true. 

I hope that Underdog doesn't get away and cause you to be locked out of your apartment, that your potatoes come in a variety of forms [lumps, tots, peas and carrots], that no one decides to bring their ex-boyfriend's son to dinner as their date, that you are an hour late because you entered your daughter in the Little Miss Supreme Darling's Beauty Pageant or that you stayed for one last fight at a Rangers game. 
Okay, so that last list is entirely from episodes of FRIENDS. But all the same, things to avoid. 

I will be waking up, going for a run around the lake, watching the parade like each year before. Then I will spend the rest of the day not cooking [and avoiding the kitchen] as I watch all the FRIENDS Thanksgiving episodes and 'The Moveable Feast' Thanksgiving Episode of Will and Grace [my favorite]. I'll eat dinner and then Skype with my father, all before I have to head to work that night for my first, dreaded Thursday night, Black Friday shift till an early morning hours! 

If you're not American and thus don't celebrate Thanksgiving I hope you have a wonderful Thursday and that your weekend is brilliant all the same! 

I will leave you with two of my favorite clips from FRIENDS Thanksgiving episodes: The One With Chandler in a Box and The One Where Ross Got High.  


So tell me, what are your plans for Thanksgiving?
Cheers, loves! xx.

The One With the Late Thanksgiving [x]

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Jacquelyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, love! I hope your day was marvelous.

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a great day, Stacy! Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving from London! [ps the Thanksgiving episodes are the best!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear! I have a friend over in London at the moment! [ps Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes of anything seem to be 100x better and funnier than day to day episodes! Ha.]

      Delete